[TYPO3] Firefox 3.0 and Typo3 BE

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Apr 25 10:01:18 CEST 2008

> > I have upgraded my Ubuntu desktop to 8.04 and that upgrades also
> > Firefox> to 3.0.
> >
> > I cannot find the setting (or is it a bug?) for this problem.
> > When I select anything at the first menu (e.g. page or list), the
> > frame left was used to display the content.
> > Now the first menu disappears and only the right frame will be
> > displayed.
> >
> > What do I need to change?
>
> Nothing. FF3 is not out yet and we do not support it right now. It is
> strange that Ubuntu decided to use unreleased version of FireFox.

I agree with you, here is their release note, in "known issues" (!):

Firefox 3
    * Ubuntu 8.04 includes Firefox 3.0 beta 5. This was felt to be the
      best option despite its pre-release status, in light of the extended
      support lifetime of Ubuntu 8.04 and the importance and complexity
      of Firefox security updates. Further release candidates and the
      final release may be considered for post-release updates.

I cannot understand this choice but I think there is a few "real" issues in TYPO3 to be fixed before patching it to support a yet-unstable browser.

--
Xavier Perseguers