[TYPO3] Page Media Field for all translations

Ronald Renfro rr at dreimorgen.com
Thu Apr 24 11:58:10 CEST 2008

Hi

I am working on a typoscript template where the banner of the page is
retrieved from the page media field.
This works fine for the default language. But as soon as I translate
the language I have to upload a new image for that specific language.

Is it possible to use the page media field from the default language
as a resource/reference for all the other translations of the page?

Thanks.
Ronald
-----------------------------
-- TS Code:
-----------------------------

10 = IMAGE
10 {
     // default image from tmpl
     file = {$template.path}/images/banner.gif
     // override it with an image inserted in page properties in field
     file.import.data = levelmedia: -1, "slide"
     file.import = uploads/media/
     file.import.listNum = 0
     file.import.override.field = media
     border = 0
     altText = Banner
     titleText = Banner
     stdWrap.typolink.parameter.data = leveluid:0
    }
wrap = |