[TYPO3] Typo3 server for virtual domains

Michael Niemann xml.transformator at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 10:08:47 CEST 2008

Ronald Wiplinger <ronald at elmit.com> wrote: I would like to setup a typo3 server as a space for virtual domains.
Each domain should have its own editing system. I guess we can still use
only one typo3 installation.

What advices do you have for me?
It will be an Ubuntu server on a AMD64 environment with LUV harddisk
architecture.
After a couple of virtual domains we will move the mysql server onto a
dedicated only internal reachable machine (private IP).
How many virtual domains can I handle with Typo3? Where is the limitation?

Can I limit access for some of the extensions to certain users?
Can I limit the database quota within typo3 or need to limit via mysql?

Spinning that thoughts further, I would like to have a second server at
another location (far away) and use mysql in a cluster. Do you have any
hints to that idea? or even experience?

You should better ask for a professional con$ultant on this.