[TYPO3] External database table entry with TCA

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 22 22:07:03 CEST 2008

abhijit kakade wrote:
>       I have a external database (not typo3 database)  which should get
> updated
> when I create new record through TCA , I have created tca.php for external
> database tables. i dont know how to connect external database through TCA.

TCA does not such updates (unless you have two way relations between tables). However you can make a hook to t3lib_TCEmain and catch when records are saved to database. At that moment you can update another table. Use Google to find something about processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team