[TYPO3] Menu problem/bug - alternativeSortingField

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 18:34:50 CEST 2008

Hi

I've got a menu built and it works fine for the most part. But I want to
use the alternativeSortingField property and it seems to be buggy. Below
I've copied the relevant TS (I've obviously omitted parts of it, but it
is valid and working).
(* Note : I'm building a menu of custom doctype pages we've created via
an extension.)

     10 = HMENU
     10{
         special = directory
         special.value =
119,197,198,199,200,201,202,203,204,205,206,207,208,209,210,211,212,213,214
         excludeDoktypes = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,199,254,255
         1 = TMENU
         1{
             alternativeSortingField = tx_neevents_sort_date,title

What seems to be happening is that the only field it wants to sort on is
the title - can I not use other fields? Can I sort on custom fields? Am
I limited in any way to the fields I can sort on?

Likewise when I try to use either 'asc' or 'desc' with the sort it just
simply stops working, and I've tested it using the below setting

             alternativeSortingField = title desc

So is this actually a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Tyler