[TYPO3] TS Setup content in Templates was truncated when upgraded to TYPO3 4.2b2 (Windows)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 22 14:21:35 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dmitry Martynenko wrote:
> After I have upgraded TYPO3 using "Install Tool" step 3 my "setup"
> field content was truncated after first non english character.
> I update compatibility version and do "Update required tables"

Most likely it means that your fields were BLOB and now they are text. But their character encoding does not allow these characters. For example, field character set is latin1 and you use cyrillic letters. BLOBs are binary, they do not care.

> What I am doing wrong?
> After test upgrade I'll going to upgrade production server.
> And now I am not sure to do so.

Do this for each table *before* upgrading to 4.2:

ALTER TABLE tablename CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8

Next upgrade to TYPO3. Idea is (c) Michael Stucki and verfied to work.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team