[TYPO3] TEXT data property

Stephen Bungert s.bungert at metrinomics.de
Mon Apr 21 13:59:58 CEST 2008

I have used the following to get the path to an image in a content element.

temp.cotwImg = TEXT
temp.cotwImg.data = DB : tt_content : 94 : image_link

I then build a a GMENU and and IMAGE object.

temp.cotw = COA

temp.cotw {

  10 = HMENU

  10.special = directory
  10.special.value = 157
  10.maxItems = 1

  10.1 = GMENU

  # menu code

  30 = IMAGE
  30.file < temp.cotwImg.data
  30.file.width = 200
  30.file.height = 100
}

I can see the G-MENU object, but the line 30.file < temp.cotwImg.data
doesn't seem to load an image.

If I just output temp.cotwImg.data I see a path to an image (starting with
fileadmin/...). Why doesn't 30.file except temp.cotwImg.data as a file path?