[TYPO3] Levels of BE usergroups

Mattias Borell Mattias.Borell at med.lu.se
Mon Apr 21 12:15:39 CEST 2008

Hi all.

I have a pagetree with multiple sites/domains, and I would like to have
a few "levels" of backend usergroups as well.

Page-tree model:

   AA
     AAA
     AAB
     AAC
   AB
     ABA
     ABB
   AC
   BA
     BAA
     BAB
   BB
other
stuff
   on
   this
   site
not
   owned
   by
   subgroups

Creating backend groups for AA, AB, BA and so on is fine, giving them
the corresponding mountpoints and setting those groups as owners of the
pagetree at those points.

Now, I would like to define a backend "supergroup", which should have
edit access to all of the pagetree, but not be Typo3 admins. Doing this
by adding the AA, AB, BA... as subgroups to the supergroup works fine,
but it gives a pagetree that shows all of the pages _plus_ the subgroup
mountpoints. As those are already in the pagetree, the display get's a
bit confused with branches of the tree being duplicated at rootlevel.

So, is there a way to avoid these duplicates showing (it's hard to grasp
the structure of the site(s) when you get them, especially if you have
many subgroups) and still being able to edit anything in the subgroup
branches? Or is there another approach that I should be looking at?

/Mattias
--
Mattias Borell
Sysadmin // Developer