[TYPO3] Page type shortcut in multiple domain website

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Apr 21 07:43:38 CEST 2008

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> I have a multiple domain website in a single TYPO3 page tree. The whole
> is configured with RealURL. If I create link in RTE from one domain to a
> page in another domain (internal link to another domain), it works fine,
> RealURL replaces the domain. Just to say that this configuration is OK.

To be correct: RealURL does not replace domain, TYPO3 4.2 does.

> However I found that creating a page of type shortcut pointing to a page
> in another domain does not redirect properly as the domain host URL is
> not replaced by the target domain, leading to a link that redirects to
> the homepage of the current domain (config of RealURL to redirect in
> such cases to the parent page).
>
> What have I missed in the configuration? Is this a limitation of the
> page type "shortcut" that does not create links the same way as in RTE?

This is fixed in latest 4.2 + you will need to update RealURL when I release the next version. It is on my hard drive, I need to update docs and put it to TER. It only waits for a free time slot in my schedule.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team