[TYPO3] Typo3 on the Data Web

Sören Auer soeren.auer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 01:18:43 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Currently, the extension of the document oriented Web towards the Data
Web (or Semantic Web) gains momentum. Wouldn't it be nice if Typo3 would
be part or even an early adopter? This would allow to /easier syndicate/
Typo3 content, to /mix and mash/ Typo3 content with other structured
information or to /search more intelligently/ across several Typo3
installations.

We recently released Triplify, a small LGPLed plugin for database backed
Web applications (such as Typo3), which publishes structured, relational
data on the Web as Linked Data, RDF and JSON. You can find more
information about Triplify (and download the latest version) at:

<http://Triplify.org>

We are also organizing a Linking Open Data *Triplification Challenge*
together with this years I-Semantics conference [1] and the Web inventor
Tim Berners-Lee as patron. The challenge awards /attractive prizes/
(MacBook Air, EeePC, iPod) to the most innovative and promising
semantifications. A good Typo3 semantification from my point of view
would have chances to win a prize ;-) But also semantifications of other
Web applications are very welcome!