[TYPO3] Noob Question: Removing Default Image Field Link?

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Sat Apr 19 02:50:41 CEST 2008

Hi James.

Don't remove the ]]> part.

--
Peter Klein

"James Calhoun" <James.Calhoun at secude.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.8756.1208431445.3430.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
Hi All,

I have seen a few questions like this, but the answers didn't work out
for me. I have tried a number of things, so maybe someone can help.

I have an image field that I mapped, and then edited the DS according to
this info from the Typo3 wiki:

Adding alt and title tags to images and allow image linking and scaling
via width - height fields

This can be easily achieved because you can access all fields defined in
the DS with TypoScript. If you replace the image definition inside the
DS after mapping an image field with the following code, you will be
able to add a titletext, alttext, an image link and values for
image-width and height and the image will be rendered accordingly.

So my new DS looks is pasted below.

Ive tried things like:

-Removing "10.stdWrap.typolink.parameter.field = field_link]]>" from the
CDATA in field image

-Removing "10.typolink.typolink.parameter.field = field_link]]>" from
the CDATA in field_link

-Removing Both?!

-Changing "10.typolink.typolink.parameter.field = field_link]]>" to
""10.stdWrap.typolink.parameter.field = field_link]]>" in the CDATA in
field_link, just cuz it looked better

No matter what I do, when I select an image in my Image Field, it just
adds a link to that image itself, and no other links.

On a side note, when I select the image, it always appears to make a
copy of it adding "_0" to the name. Why cant it just link to the image I
have?

Any suggestions?