[TYPO3] Duplicate L-variable in links

Tommi Rintala tommi.rintala at lhmhakkuri.com
Fri Apr 18 11:24:13 CEST 2008

I am beginner with Typo3, and have read through a lot of documentation,
but I am unable to find "right manual" to look info. But now I'm stuck.

I'm using typo3-4.0.8 and I am trying to setup multilingual site,
following "modern templating" instructions.

Problem is that in the language flags the url's get double L-variables.
for example in swedish link (svenska in template code) the url becomes
after couple clicks to:

http://www.site.com/index.php?id=25&L=0&L=1

Which does not change the language to 1, since there are two L's. And
propably typo takes the first one.

So, where should I start looking for the answer?

Are there any external typoscript validators?

And is it possible to get typo3 to log debug output from parsing results?

All help is appreciated.

I have not made any changes to any other section and am using
automaketemplate for populating the template with content. This is what
I have set in website template configuration section:

###
config {
   linkVars = L
   sys_language_mode = content_fallback
   sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated
}

[GlobalVar GP:L=0]
   sys_language_uid = 0
   locale_all = fi_FI

[GlobalVar GP:L=1]
config {
   sys_language_uid = 1
   language = se
   locale_all = se_SE
}

[GlobalVar GP:L=2]
config {
   sys_language_uid = 2
   language = en
   locale_all = en_GB
}

[Global]

lib.langMenu = HMENU
lib.langMenu {
   special = language
   special.value = 0,1,2
   special.normalWhenNoLanguage = 0
   protectLvar = true
   1 = TMENU
   1 {
         # Normal link to language that exists:
     NO = 1
     NO.allWrap = |-| | * | | |
     NO.linkWrap = <b style="color : #000000"> | </b>
     NO.stdWrap.setCurrent = Suomi || Svenska || English
     NO.stdWrap.current = 1

     # Current language selected:
     ACT < .NO
     ACT.linkWrap = <b style="color : #000000"> | </b>

     # Language that is NOT available:
     USERDEF1 < .NO
     USERDEF1.linkWrap = <span style="color : #cccccc"> | </span>
     USERDEF1.doNotLinkIt = 1
     USERDEF1.noLink = 1
     USERDEF2 < .USERDEF1
   }
}

temp.topmenu = HMENU
temp.topmenu.entryLevel = 0
temp.topmenu.stdWrap.wrap = <ul class="horMenu">|</ul>
temp.topmenu.1 = TMENU
temp.topmenu.1 {
   NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
   expAll = 1
   ACT = 1
   ACT.stdWrap.data = field:title
   ACT.allWrap = <li>|</li>

   ACT.doNotLinkIt = 1
   ACT.linkWrap = <div class="curPage" href="{elementUid}">|</div>
}

temp.leftmenu = HMENU
temp.leftmenu.entryLevel = 1
temp.leftmenu.stdWrap.wrap = <ul class="verMenu">|</ul>
temp.leftmenu.1 = TMENU
temp.leftmenu.1 {
   NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
   ACT = 1
   ACT.allWrap = <li>|</li>
   ACT.doNotLinkIt = 1
   #subst_elementUid = 1
   ACT.linkWrap = <div class="curPage">|</div>
}
# Configuring the Auto-Parser:

plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
     # Read the template file:
   content = FILE
   content.file = fileadmin/template/main/template.html
   #content.file = temp.tempFile
     # Here we define which elements in the HTML that
     # should be wrapped in subpart-comments:
   elements {
     HEAD.all = 1
     HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
     HEAD.rmTagSections = title
     TD.all = 1
     UL.all = 1
     DIV.all = 1
   }
     # getBodyTag = 1
     # Prefix all relative paths with this value:
   relPathPrefix = fileadmin/template/main/
}

[Global]

temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
   template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
   subparts.topmenu < temp.topmenu
   subparts.leftmenu < temp.leftmenu
   subparts.content < styles.content.get
   subparts.langmenu < lib.langMenu
}

temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.headTemplate {
   template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.stylesheet = fileadmin/template/main/template_FILES/main.css
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate
page.headerData.10 < temp.headTemplate
###

yours,

tommi rintala

--
   Tommi Rintala           web:   http://www.lhmhakkuri.com/
   LHM Hakkuri Oy          gsm:   +358 400 367 019
   40500 Jyväskylä         email: tommi.rintala at lhmhakkuri.com