[TYPO3] HMENU .entryLevel and root templates

von Buttlar, Adrian Adrian.vonButtlar at wiso.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Apr 17 11:47:05 CEST 2008

Aloha list,

We're running a TYPO3 Installation with quite a few minisites
(University faculty, lots of independent institutes). In order to avoid
deeply nested navigations, we include root templates for every minisite
(actually an extension template which includes the root template).
This works quite well but robs us of the possibility to use realurl (and
possibly cooluri as well): Speaking URL generation stops at the
rootlevel.

To workaround this problem I've been toying with the idea of changing
then menu's entryLevel. Writing a small extension which checks for some
page property (layout, is_siteroot) was quite easy. Passing this value
directly to .entryLevel does not work (plugin is no int). So I'd need to
set a constant from my extension which could be used in my ts setup - no
clue how to do or if it's even possible.

Next I played around with conditions and userFunc. Works but leads to
quite a few condition statements as userFunc only returns Boolean
values. It's ok but I'd like it to be a bit smoother (which makes my
question a bit of an academic one): Is there any other way to do this in
4.1.5?

Cheers,
adrian von buttlar