[TYPO3] creating references to page content elements using templavoila

The Plankmeister plankmeister at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:52:21 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to create references to page content
elements stored in SysFolders using TV.

I have a large pagetree, and I intend to re-use several page content
elements between these pages.

For example, a "News Archive" content element, that contains... well...
a list of archived news articles. This element is in a SysFolder called
"shared elements". I want this element to appear on a few particular
pages as a reference, NOT as a copy.

I cannot see a way of directly referencing this element in the "List"
view. Next to each element I have the usual columns of icons:

View webpage
Edit record
Re-position content element
Display Information
Display change history/undo
Versioning
Create new record after this record
Move up in list
Move down in list
<< then there's a space >>
Copy
Cut

I'm hoping that there's some setting somewhere I can modify that will
replace that empty space with a "create reference" icon.

If I create a copy of an element from within this SysFolder, and then
edit a page in the "Page" view, I have an icon for "Paste copy of
element and keep references to original sub elements". Is it not
possible to directly paste a reference?

If I cut and paste one of these content elements from the SysFolder into
an actual page, then there is a "Create reference" icon in the little
row of icons at the top of the element, so it IS possible to actually
create a reference.

As a hack, to get around this, I initially create the content element on
a page, and then make a reference to it on another page. Then I cut and
paste the element into the SysFolder. Using the initial reference I
created, it's possible to "create reference" from that and paste it to
other pages, but this is un-intuitive whne the time comes to hand the
site over to the client.

Is there a fix for this?