[TYPO3] Is DAM worth its use or is it dead?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Apr 16 11:53:42 CEST 2008

Hello Erik

>> I find this extension really great but I would say that its main issue
>> is the documentation indeed. This is not clear which extensions need
>> to be installed in order to get a "basic" document management system
>> with categories and FE lists to download files, which are optional and
>> which not.
>
> Agree 100 %. The documentation is not exactly what you want, and don't answer
> most of the questions. But it has not really bothered me, maybe because I
> attended a speech where Rene demonstrated the extension when it really was
> in alpha state (back in 2005). If someone is interested I have copy of video
> from the speech and also the paper.

I would be very interested if you could send me a download link or else
if you could send them privately (please split them to multiple mails if
they are large).

> And TYPO3 needs a good extension for Digital Assets Managment. The default
> file modul isn't usable when you are managing larger amount of documents,
> images and other files. To be honest, without Dam I have to find another
> CMS for some of my clients. A lot of the functionality in Dam, really ease
> up the work with a large amount of files.

I agree. I do not have yet "real" projects that *must* have a document
management but I'm planning to go further with this topic and the
default fileadmin, as any other pure file system, is not enough anymore
for my needs.

Regards,