[TYPO3] Is DAM worth its use or is it dead?

Christopher Schnell typo3 at mda.ch
Tue Apr 15 08:46:58 CEST 2008

Hi Xavier,

This is just my personal opinion and it surely does not match with most
DAM users:

I used DAM in my last two projects and unless forced to, I will not use
it again. It only confuses the editor and so far, I have never seen an
"normal" editor of a web page (I am not talking about magazines and
such) use any meta information. He just orders his images and media
files in a folder tree as he is used to and is happy. So in 98% of all
cases I (personal opinion) do not see any real reason why I should use
the DAM any more. The ususal file-module is easy and fast and as long as
you do not need any particular feature of DAM as Must-Have feature,
leave it.

With your question on binaries, I cannot help you, since I only used DAM
for images. With little success.

Regards,
Christopher.