[TYPO3] HTMLAREA annoying issue

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Tue Apr 15 01:37:22 CEST 2008

One wonderful thing to know (I was a newbie too, greetings to Peter
Niederlag who taught me this and many other things) is the clear and
easy (once you know it) difference between Typoscript (Setup - Template
Tool) and TSConfig (PageTSCondig or UserTSConfig):
The first is to control the FE, so your output.
The second to control BE.

Most of the time it is easy to distiguish: In your case you want to
control  which Tags are stripped in BE - how RTE interacts with the
Database. This is surely a BE thing, so you have to use PageTSConfig (or
UserTSConfig), not Setup.

Put in the line you found, and change it as you like it (e.g. I stripped
out "u" tag):
RTE.default.FE.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.removeTags = center, font, o:p,
sdfield, strike.

Then don't forget to clear all caches, when working with rte including
even Browser cache to be sure!

greetings from munich and cogratulations you found out!

oe (christian)