[TYPO3] Is DAM worth its use or is it dead?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Apr 14 23:17:11 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On 17th March, then on 23rd March, I asked the list about configuration
hints for dam_index, an extension that is supposed to help indexing
files with DAM and populating meta info fields. As you may double check,
I got no single answer. My problem is that dam_index does not work when
supposed to call external binaries to get metainformation, such as
exiftags or pdfinfo.

Anyway, my question is more about DAM itself. I find this extension (and
those who are related) very good and useful. However, there seems to be
freeze of some of DAM extension and I was said that DAM was somehow
"dead". Is is true? Should I go on with it, trying to find a good source
of information on why these indexing services are not working on my
server? Is it worth the try? Or should I forget about this extension and
use another extension for document management? Or forget at all about it
with TYPO3?

Thanks for your answer. I'm quite disappointed with the lack of
information about this very extension as there is plenty of info for
nearly any other extension.

--
Xavier Perseguers