[TYPO3] Include static (from extensions) not more than 20?

Florian Schaeffer florian.schaeffer at mercoline.de
Fri Apr 11 13:37:55 CEST 2008

Hello Christopher,

Christopher Schnell schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> In my Installation I make excessive use of Frontend Plugins (customer
> wanted all the fancy stuff...). Now he wants a shop, which I am doing by
> commerce. In order for commerce to run, I have to add the TS-Template to
> the main Template via "Include static (from extensions)", which I tried
> to do. But whenever I add the template the yellow exclamation mark
> appears and I cannot save. First I thought of a bug with commerce, but
> than I tried to add another extension template and the result was the
> same. So I counted my included templates and found the miracolous number
> "20". So my guess is, that only 20 items are allowed here, which is not
> enough for me.
>
> Where can I set it to a higher value? Why is it limited at all?
>
> Regards,
> Christopher.

as Dmitry already pointed out, a solution would be to include the
templates in a template and include this one to the main template.

Reason for this ist the size of the DB-column in which the id's of that
templates are stored. If you attach templates to another template, their
template-id is simply added to the list of attached templates, separated
by ,

e.g.

Main template id is 1
sub1 id is 2
sub2 id is 3
sub3 id is 4

so in the template record 1 the field basedOn is filled with 2,3,4

As the column basedOn is defined as a tinyblob there is a limitation on
the DB side for adding new entries to that list...

MySQL says:
TINYBLOB, TINYTEXT 	L+1 Byte, L  < 2^8 = 256

I don't know whether there is another limitation build into TYPO3-core
but I encountered the same problem when trying to manage user rights.
After a certain amount it is impossible to add more rights to a group /
user. Same solution as above, define subgroups and nest them ...

HTH
Florian