[TYPO3] Weird characters in GMENU after server change

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 11 11:27:05 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have a web site with a GMENU. The site is in French, so has some
special characters like é or è. GMENU is used because the menu must be
rendered with some special font. On the development server everything
worked fine.

I have now moved the site to the production server and all my é have
become ø. The site also includes TMENUs inside which the é are still é.
Does any one have an idea what could be happening in the GMENU?

Thanks for any pointers

--

Francois Suter