[TYPO3] Path to files in TT_news

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Apr 10 13:40:51 CEST 2008

Hello Stephen,

The images in the image field has standard upload folder uploads/pics/

If you hover over the thumbnail, it will show.

The files in files field has standard upload folder in uploads/media/

The imagename are saved in the database, and the path to the folder is given
in the extensions TS Setup. You can change the path given in the TS Setup
if you want.

These settings are standard TYPO3 settings.

If you are using Dam together with for instance dam_ttnews this is not the
case.

If you want to make an extension who list files attached to all articles
you the databse field an the path information in TS Setup is what you need.
You don't even need to make an extension, it can med made with pure Typoscript.

Else, every extension with a manual (some hasn't), has the manual accessible
as a OpenOffice document in the Extension manager.

Most of what you are asking about, are explained in different documentation.
TYPO3 is a system that require reading of documentation. Even if some of
them are a bit complex.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no