[TYPO3] Path to files in TT_news

Stephen Bungert s.bungert at metrinomics.de
Thu Apr 10 10:06:00 CEST 2008

All I see in the backend by the file or image fields is the name of the
file, an icon for it's file type, and a prieview (in the case of images).

In the database, all you see is the filename and file extension. If I make
an extension that lists files attached to articles, how can I find out where
it is exactly from just the file name/extension? Or must everything then be
uploaded in a particular folder? So that I can hardcode the files path in
the extension?