[TYPO3] indexed_search is invalidating file download links

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Apr 9 08:42:07 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am using mm_damfilelist to create a list of downloadable files from
DAM categories. The extension generates links in the form

http://domain.tld/index.php?id=68698938547fc5d427910d&eID=tx_mm_bccmsbase_zip

which work if I flush the FE cache but do not work anymore after
indexed_search has been run using the crawl extension (thus this
extension is not indexing anything if I simply crawl the website).

I first thought that the problem was related to using RealURL as the GET
parameter id "points" to a document and not a page and I patched
mm_damfilelist in order to generate a docid parameter instead and put
the id parameter as the dam-list page uid. I thought that it helped,
just as the FE cache solves the problem but after indexed_search was
being executed during the night, I got the error

Parameter Error: Wrong ID - no data found with this ID

again. I investigated a little more and found that indexed_search was
somehow causing this bug.

Does anybody have a clue on how understanding the cause of this
behaviour and, maybe, how solving this problem?

Thanks

--
Xavier Perseguers