[TYPO3] How to loop in TS?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Apr 8 23:02:57 CEST 2008

>> uidInList=90,89,87 will select pages with uid 90 or 89 or 87.
>> pidInList=90,89,87 will select no pages because neither of these
>> pages has subpages. But pidInList=88 will give you pages with uid 90
>> or 89.
>
> In my case, uidInList seems to behave the way you describe pidInList
> here...?
>
> *) pidInList ==> no values anywhere
> *) uidInList ==> 90,89 when on page 88, otherwise nothing
>
> Any ideas as to why this might be?

Well - pidInList must always be set to a certain value, since otherwise it
will use the default value "this", which means: Only subpages of the current
page will be displayed. And since you are using uidInList as well, in your
case only subpages of the current page will be displayed, IF their uid is
90, 89 or 88.

The reason for pidInList is that "select" statements are usually available
for CONTENT elements only. And since content elements usually are shown at
the page they belong to, the default for pidInList is "this". You can add
other pages to the list as well, i.e. to add some common content elements
coming from a special container page to the content of the current page.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de