[TYPO3] Wrong page counting in Indexed Search

Bernie Pfister (Pixelsound Web Design) bernie at pixelsound.com
Tue Apr 8 06:26:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I think I'm now much closer to an explanation for the wrong counting
in indexed_search.

Facts:
On an intranet site we have 11 content elements on 10 different pages
carry the term "journal".

Problem:
When searching for the term 'journal' indexed_search first says
"Displaying results 1 to 10 out of 11".

But on page 2 of the search results there are no results and it says:
"Displaying results 11 to 10 out of 10".

My conclusion:
Obviously the initial count is an estimate based on content elements.
But when going to page 2, indexed_search itself realises that it
already listed the one page with the two content elements and simply
says "no more pages found", discarding the 11th result.

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards,

Bernie Pfister
Web Designer

Pixelsound Web Design Perth
ABN 68 773 244 755

Phone   +61 8 9418 8961

Email   mail at pixelsound.com
Web     www.pixelsound.com

PO Box 126
Hamilton Hill WA 6163

Office:
Top Floor, 136 Railway Pde,
West Leederville WA 6007

--
Usually I check my emails at 9am, 1pm and 4.30pm.
For urgent matters please call 9418 8961.