[TYPO3] translation problem with extension ve_guestbook - again

Matyi Gábor gmatyi at freemail.hu
Mon Apr 7 15:44:08 CEST 2008

>> This was my question. After I install this extension and I configure my TS, the
>> accents don't appear. I checked, that the pi1/locallang.php is processed and not
>> the locallang.xml. If I modify the pi1/locallang.php, and I write utf-8 coded
>> accent in this file, I will see right accents...
>
>Above you wrote that you placed the file into the root of the extension. But you
expect it to replace string in file from pi1. How is this?

Sorry, my english doen't perfect. I wanted to write that I make the translation
with the llxml tool, and I saved it to the typo3conf/ext/ve_guestbook. But this
save process was done by the llxml tool, not by hand.
I don't know how does the ve_guestbook work, I write my experience. There is an
locallang.xml and a locallang.php in the typo3conf/ext/ve_guestbook folder, but
the text that are displayed on the guestbook form is coming from
pi1/locallang.php. I don't know, what it is two locallang.php

I don't know what is the error, but this extension is a popular extension, I
don't understand why doesn't other people comment this issue?

Could you check this issue? I think you got the error, if you use utf-8 and
different language than english.

Gabor