[TYPO3] Graphical Headers and appending the normal header text, as actual text

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:11:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM, bernd wilke <xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>  instead of the
>  10 = IMAGE
>  10 {
>  }
>  I think it should be something like this:
>  10 = COA
>  10 {
>         10 = IMAGE
>         10 {
>                 // your original definition from above
>         }
>         20 = TEXT
>         20.current = 1          // << ????? get the actual text
>         20.wrap = <span>|</span>
>
>         wrap = <h2>|</h2>       // where does you get your wrap?
>  }

Bernd is correct. In the original code:

a) you specified the value of the TEXT cObject as a wrap
b) you didn't retrieve the value you wanted to wrap *at all*

Bernd's solution addresses both problems.

The above should get you going, but if you are looking for a fully
dynamic FIR solution (i.e. if you're using image-replacement as in the
current TS), you may be interested in my extension bh_firtools [1]
which provides a basic implementation for fully dynamic FIR headers
and menu as well as a fully-dynamic stylesheet. The extension doesn't
use the same FIR method as what you're doing (it sets the height of
the text to 1px, padding-top to the height of the background image
minus 1px, and then places the GIFBUILDER object as a background
image--see screenshots of code, headers and menu [2]), but it's very
similar in practical terms. In the sample implementation, left, center
and right alignment work with headers, as do links.

A warning though: you'd have to modify the GIFBUILDER objects to suit
your site, and it's a big chunk of Typoscript ;-)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/bh_firtools/current/