[TYPO3] translation problem with extension ve_guestbook

Matyi Gábor gabor.matyi at mailbox.hu
Mon Apr 7 12:16:22 CEST 2008

>"Use" does not say much. There are at least three directives that affect
character set in TYPO3:
>- forceCharset in Install tool
>- metaCharset in "config"
>- renderCharset in "config"
>
>Last two defaults to the first one. So what do you mean by "use"?

Thanks. This is my TS

config {
  doctype = xhtml_trans
  xhtml_cleaning = all
  metaCharset= utf-8
  renderCharset = utf-8
  language = hu
  locale_all = hu_HU
  htmlTag_langKey = hu
  notification_email_encoding = base64
  notification_email_charset = UTF-8
}

and of course I set the forceCharset to utf-8. This issue happens only with
ve_guestbook, with other extension I don't have such problem.

>This is correct. locallang*.php have unusual structure: each language section is
coded in its own format. TYPO3 defines iso-8859-2 as charset for Hungarian (just
checked t3lib_cs class).

I prefer utf-8, therefore I couldn't like to edit the locallang*.php files by
hand. I'd like to use the llxml tranlation tool in every case.

>Generated with extdeveval?

no, I edit this file with the llxml tranlation tool.

>Are you sure you copied it to the right place (same directory as original)?

Yes, I'm sure. I select the typo3conf/ext/ve_guestbook/locallang.xml and I edit
and save, I see the confirmation, that this file is saved. I check this file, and
the it is ok.

>> After this, I have iso-8859-2 coded text in my guestbook. I don't understand,
>> why? It is possible, that the ve_guestbook uses the locallang.php and not the
>> locallang.xml? How can I correct this problem?
>
>Hard to say. Normally it works automatically: xml files take priority.

This was my question. After I install this extension and I configure my TS, the
accents don't appear. I checked, that the pi1/locallang.php is processed and not
the locallang.xml. If I modify the pi1/locallang.php, and I write utf-8 coded
accent in this file, I will see right accents...

Other problem, that the date in the guestooks list item are appear in english
form, not hungarian form.

Gabor