[TYPO3] translation problem with extension ve_guestbook

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Apr 7 08:58:29 CEST 2008

Hi!

Matyi Gábor wrote:
> I use utf-8 on my website. If I configure the ve_guestbook, the translated

"Use" does not say much. There are at least three directives that affect character set in TYPO3:
- forceCharset in Install tool
- metaCharset in "config"
- renderCharset in "config"

Last two defaults to the first one. So what do you mean by "use"?

> hungarian texts appears wrong, because the tranlated hungarian texts in the
> locallang.php is iso-8859-2 coded.

This is correct. locallang*.php have unusual structure: each language section is coded in its own format. TYPO3 defines iso-8859-2 as charset for Hungarian (just checked t3lib_cs class).

> I installed the llxml tranlation tool, and I checked the hungarian
> translation. Every translation is ok.
> I generated the locallang.xml, this file is copied to the
> typo3conf/ext/ve_guestbook

Generated with extdeveval?

Are you sure you copied it to the right place (same directory as original)?

> After this, I have iso-8859-2 coded text in my guestbook. I don't understand,
> why? It is possible, that the ve_guestbook uses the locallang.php and not the
> locallang.xml? How can I correct this problem?

Hard to say. Normally it works automatically: xml files take priority.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team