[TYPO3] Multiple pages on one page - by SysFolder or Title

Bob bitsandbob at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 1 23:26:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm new to TYPO3 but have bought the book and read most of it, and
managed to get my first development sites up and running.

However, when I want to do something that isn't in the book, I sometimes
find it hard to know where to start (Google doesn't always have the
answers - especially when you're not sure what you're looking for!) So
hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me with the following...

I have a number of pages that I would like to contain the contents of
several other pages. The solution I'm currently using is

1) apply an extension template to each such page with a Constant
something like

PagesToInclude = 1,2,3,4,5

2) add the following default Constant to the overall site template

PagesToInclude = this

3) add the following Setup to the overall site template

page.10 < styles.content.get
page.10.select.pidInList = {$PagesToInclude}

This works fine. But I'd rather not have to hard code all the page numbers.

What I'd really like to do is something like

PagesToInclude = /all pages below page "n" and (optionally) which
contain "XXX" in the page title/

Can anyone help?

Actually what I *really* want to be able to do is add content items in
the back, tag / flag them appropriately, then have the page only display
the relevant items according to parameters passed to it. But that may be
trying to run before I can walk...

Thanks,

Bob