[TYPO3] Ratings Extension [netcreators] language problems

Christopher Schnell typo3 at mda.ch
Tue Apr 1 14:04:43 CEST 2008

Hi List,

I have a problem with languages in Dimitrys Ratings extension. At first,
in all languages, the ratings extension always used the default language
strings. with a little debugging, I found out, that $GLOBALS['LANG'] is
set but always has the value default. However, $GLOBALS['TSFE']->lang
has the correct value but unfortunately, $GLOBALS['LANG'] is considered
first. So I simply outcommented this part and laguages work correctly,
until I submit a rating. "api_submitting" is still in the correct
language but "api_already_rated" is returned in the default language.
Upon refresh of the page, it is displayed in the correct language.

Now, I have two questions:
1. Where can I set $GLOBALS['LANG'] to be different from default? Maybe
that fixes my problem.
2. Can anybody explain, why only the default language is returned on
submitting?

thanks and regards,
Christopher.