[TYPO3] Enhanced "Filelinks" content element?

Giannis Economou gecon at di.uoa.gr
Sat Sep 29 11:48:30 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to put file links on a page (by using BE), but
with more options that the default "Filelinks" Content Element.
"Filelinks" content element is fine, but I want:
1. Automatic showing an icon, depending on the file type near the link.
For example have an icon for pdf and and icon for MS-Word documents,
that will be automatically displayed near the link to download.
2. Have a user defined phrase for the link text, different than the
filename. "Filelinks" content element uses the filename for anchor text.
For example, if the file is "ch01.pdf", I want to have a way to write
"Chapter 1" in the anchor and not "ch01.pdf".

Any ideas/experience with the above? Do you have any extension in mind
for the above? Can DAM help somehow to implement these?

Best regards,
Giannis