[TYPO3] logging in for fe editing

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Sep 27 18:17:49 CEST 2007

Hello David,

> I presently have my site setup to allow either frontend or backend
> editing. As we prefer some users edit only via frontend, this has one
> problem;
>
> If a less-skilled person mistakenly attempts to login to the backend
> they are given the error message that they are not permitted to do so,
> but then are locked out - even from attempting to login again.
>
> The only solution it seems is then to clear the cookies on the
> browser, (something maybe to difficult for some users). Is there a way
> to change this?
>
> a] maybe have the default login to be "Frontend", with more skilled
> users having to select "Backend"

Easy to accomplish. Just change Backend, Frontend in Install tool ([interfaces]
to Frontend, Backend. Then Frontend vil be default choise. In loginLabels
you could even change the labels.

> b] having a Frontend-only user simply bounce from a Backend login
> session to a Frontend session.
>
> c] login somewhere else for frontend users to edit.

Search for Tapio Markulas TopApps. Maybe they have what you need. There are
also some older post about redirecting to Frontend, either her or in the
dev list.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no