[TYPO3] logging in for fe editing

David Banning david at skytracker.ca
Thu Sep 27 05:35:07 CEST 2007

I presently have my site setup to allow either frontend or backend editing.
As we prefer some users edit only via frontend, this has one problem;

If a less-skilled person mistakenly attempts to login to the backend they
are given the error message that they are not permitted to do so, but
then are locked out - even from attempting to login again.

The only solution it seems is then to clear the cookies on the browser,
(something maybe to difficult for some users). Is there a way to change
this?

a] maybe have the default login to be "Frontend", with more skilled users
having to select "Backend"

b] having a Frontend-only user simply bounce from a Backend login session
to a Frontend session.

c] login somewhere else for frontend users to edit.