[TYPO3] newloginbox redirect

Timo Proescholdt proescho-typo3 at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Sep 26 00:39:27 CEST 2007

Hello!

I'm desperately turning to you guys, since the newloginbox
newsgroup seems to be deserted.

My issue is the following, I hope somebody can help me!

I'm trying to get redirection after login working with the
new (beta) version of newloginbox, which permits additional
redirection features.
But actually I think that my problems are not due to the newloginbox
but to something different.
Unfortunately I don't have enough technical insights, so as
to be able to say where to search for the error.

I have a access protected branch. The unprotected father of the branch
has a newloginbox. Users who access a protected page, see the
loginbox and can subsequently login. The newloginbox sets the
redirection_url hidden formfield to redirect after login.

The thing is that, although the newloginbox plugin sets the
hidden formfield "redirect_url" value, this is not followed upon login.
I just see the standard after login page.

I checked the plugin's code and could not find parsing of
"redirect_url" from post/get, so I presume this most be done
elsewhere. Since the plugin have been released for testing I
suppose that there is no such substantial code missing in it,
so I guess the error might be elsewhere.

So my question. Has anybody experience with the redirection_url
formfield in the newloginbox context. How is this supposed to
work?

Additionally. I'd like users to be redirected to the (protected)
page they were trying to access after login. Does this seem feasible?

many thanks!
Timo