[TYPO3] OT: "Real" names

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Mon Sep 24 13:12:26 CEST 2007

Hi Dimitry

I thanked you quite often for the work on TYPO3 TemplaVoila and many people
have done same here on the list. Yes, of course we all do voluntary work
here. You with TemplaVoila and RealURL and I with T3Pack the WEC with their
Packages and many many others not mentioned here. Most of them work like you
without getting anything back or even getting payed for it - but perhaps
some bad remarks. That's because people like to critisise bad things and not
promote good things. And as you know from past postings where I was
promoting TemplaVoila or CoolUri or T3M or other very valuable Extensions
and Developers Works - some people don't like this stuff. But I believe that
you and I and many others have one very important thing in common. We love
TYPO3 and want to get people involved wh TYPO3. Most of us are intended to
get TYPO3 to be a very userfriendly system which can be used by as many
people as possible - with easy skills-level. And we are - Thanks to Your
work on TemplaVoila - on the right way and proceeding in big big steps.

kind regards
Andi

@Troels
Real Name and Real Name is different to figure out. Each culture is using
their Names and in other cultures a Name might eOK which isn't here on the
List.

i.e. PORN (i.e. the kindergartener of our sons)  or   SAU  (our housemaid)
its one of the most commons name where I am living used for Man and Woman
On Eagle's Wings     -  or  -   Sky Bird   - are Real Names i.e. of our sons
Bel Air - some girls are called here with there name.
On Indian friend also resigned here as he was really pissed off by many
people complaining about his name - He can't do anything about it as it IS
the name his parents have given to him and a Mailing List in Germany has to
accept that Namings from other cultures if they wanna get more and more
people from all around the world involved here toshare their knowledge and
learn from each other.

I guess the rule is very clear and it accepts those names as any others, as
long as it is not a micture of some "kjhdfs ;gs glsufd"
Especially if such a name appears in the Mail Address also as in the
"RealName" Parts.

So please don't push a prinzofbelair out of the community as he is using a
name and probably a name he can show that he really is called like this
since birth! Better look to the contributions of those people. The goal must
be to get people from Joomla interested in TYPO3 and not the other way round
;-)

Andi