[TYPO3] simple calendar time zone confusion

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Sep 25 22:47:37 CEST 2007

Okay I try to live with the fact that these two things I can't reach
simultaneously:
1. right time of the event record in FE (though all the time data in BE
looks alright)
2. the proper current date of the calendar.

The main thing is ofcourse that the events show right time. Well, the
calendar then thinks it is tomorrow already. And this results in a very
much unwanted situation that today's events don't show at all (not nice!)

So what I try to do now is at least the following: I want to show in the
list view also "yesterday's" events which are in fact today's events but
the calendar thinks it is now tomorrow so they are yesterday's events in
calendar's twisted reason.

But because of the lack of documentation I don't find where I could (if
I could) define what is displayed in list view; like "from yesterday to
the future".

I found the options for the code for example:
list/c:1/l:3/o:1/r:1-1-2004,31-12-2004/d:5
(category,location,organizer,month,year,range,daysahead)
And d:-1 doesn't help of course.

In the main class file there is at least this one place where the
date/time is handled:
         // DATE MANIPULATIONS
         $GDate = t3lib_div::GPvar('date');

         if( isset( $GDate ) )   {
             list($month,$year) = explode("-",$GDate);
         }     else      {
             $month =
($this->selectParams['month'])?$this->selectParams['month']:date("m");
             $year  =
($this->selectParams['year'])?$this->selectParams['year']:date("Y");
         }

         $date_string = mktime(0,0,0,$month,1,$year);
         $day_start = date("w",$date_string);  //The number of the 1st
day of the month

but unfortunately I'm just starting my php learning and I don't
understand what i should do..

So - any kind soul out there, please write me a hint, even if it was
just a vague idea..

- katja