[TYPO3] Custom User Directory Websites with mod_userdir & Typo3

Timothy Patterson tjpatter at svsu.edu
Tue Sep 25 20:25:04 CEST 2007

At our University, we utilize Typo3 as our CMS for our main pages.
Users on our campus are also given a personal web space to save their
own web sites, etc.  The URL for a a personal web site looks like this:
http://www.oursite.com/~username/

My question is this:  Is it possible to offer our users Typo3 CMS
capabilities served up through their personal web site URLs?

I have experimented with these options for mod_userdir, however I have
not been able to find a workable solution:
UserDir enabled
UserDir disabled username

I am using Typo3 4.2.1 with RealURL.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim Patterson