[TYPO3] tinyrte makes filelink urls ABSOLUTE, as the url you are accessing the backend at, how to force RELATIVE?

Andrew Davis andrew at avagraphique.com
Tue Sep 25 19:54:16 CEST 2007

Hi group. Sorry to double post, but almost a week and no response on the
rte group...

I have typo3 4.1.2 and a local installation of extension tinyrte 1.6.6.
It is enabled and running, an no other rte is installed.

When I use the rte, and create a link (highlight some text, choose link
icon, use the typolinkbrowser, choose FILE tab, choose a file; then
text looks like a link in the editor...) it makes the filelink absolute.
that would be ok, except that we are accessing the site from a
development url and it will be different when it goes live.

How can I force the links to be relative? I've tried changing
config.absRefPrefix but that doesnt seem to do what I want it to.

In the RTE API it seems to indicate that normally urls ARE saved as
relative, which is what I want, but I dont see where this is configured,
so I cant see where to change it back t default behavior. I wonder if
this is a glitch with tinyrte? I have emailed the author, but as he says
he is a busy guy...

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Davis