[TYPO3] Rendering menu into register

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Sep 25 10:57:23 CEST 2007

> I have a problem which I can't solve by myself.
> The point is that I have a menu in three levels. Now I want to render
> every menu in not nested lists. Example:
>
> I have the following page tree:
>
> page 1
>    page 1.1
>    page 1.2
>      page 1.2.1
>      page 1.2.2
>    page 1.3
> page 2
>    page 2.1
>     page 2.1.1
>     page 2.1.2
>    page 2.2
>

> That should become:
>
> <ul>
>    <li>page 1</li>
>    <li>page 2</li>
> </ul>
>
> <ul>
>    <li>page 1.1</li>
>    <li>page 1.2</li>
>    <li>page 1.3</li>
> </ul>
>
> <ul>
>    <li>page 2.1</li>
>    <li>page 2.2</li>
> </ul>
>
> <ul>
>    <li>page 1.2.1</li>
>    <li>page 1.2.2</li>
> </ul>
>
> <ul>
>    <li>page 2.1.1</li>
>    <li>page 2.1.2</li>
> </ul>
>
> (with links and stuff of course)
>
> The order of the uls is very important. I thought of doing this with
> registers but I didn't make it work. I even tried to render each
> level in a separate HMENU object buit that doesn't work either.
>
> Has anybody an idea how I can achieve that result?

The separate HMENU stuff should be your friend if you want to do it the easy
way.
Depending on the number of levels you need the same number of HMENUs with an
increasing number of levels and expAll=1 for each level.
Then you just set doNotShowLink=1 for the parent levels and remove the wrap
that is creating the <ul>|</ul> for them as well.

Of course the solution using registers would be more elegant and really
cool, but I guess you just need something working, do you?

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de