[TYPO3] OT: "Real" names

hartmut not at home.de
Mon Sep 24 23:51:39 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm one of those you are talking about.
This list is archived and accessible all over the web. Many people don't
object to reading their name on as many pages as possible. I do.

Mailing lists are very old and some of their rules root in times when
the internet was more some kind of intranet. So I think its mainly about
tradition.

When i post I always have other readers in mind. Posts are (exaggerated)
open letters to the world. I sometimes ask stupid questions because I AM
stupid. But there are more stupid people out there who get help by
reading stupid questions and clever answers.

Posting with not obeying all the rules is some kind of filter too. You
only get answers from *some* people. If I want to reach all, I'm forced
to lie about my name, which is a bit sad.

Best wishes
hartmut