[TYPO3] Menu challenge

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Sep 24 12:31:39 CEST 2007

Hello Øyvind Frøland - UniWeb AS,

Look in TSref, Menu Objects, probably you have to use GMENULAYERS or GMENUFOLDOUT.
Be aware, they are creating a large amount of Javascript.

Another solution is to look at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/ (Stu Nicolls
CSS Play). Maybe you find something useful there. Else as Christopher says,
to achieve that kind of menus, you normaly need the combination of CSS and
Javascript.

>> Hi,
>>
>> On 9/21/07, Øyvind Frøland - UniWeb AS <oyvind at uniweb.no> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> I am trying to create an animated menu i Typo3 based purely on CSS.
>>> The menu should look like this (demo in flash):
>>>
>>> http://www.identicon.no/demo/uniweb/
>>>
>>> Now - I am aware of that this can be done by using lists/css, but
>>> desperately need help to accomplish the animation (place the pointer
>>> on one of the menu-elements (domene, webhotell, domenenavn) for an
>>> example.
>>>
>> Animation beyond simply showing/hiding elements is not possible with
>> CSS. You will need to use javascript...

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no