[TYPO3] OT: "Real" names

Troels Kjær Rasmussen troels at linkfactory.dk
Mon Sep 24 12:25:32 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] skrev:
> Hi!
>
> Andreas Becker wrote:
>> You are NOT TYPO3 and you are NOT the BOSS. But reading your post often
>> seems like this - bossy. "Read the Manual.." "I read it and worked it
>> out.."
>> "those who can read are happy ..." Many many times I read similar things
>> from you and it looks like you are the only one capable to read books
>> about
>> TYPO3 and if someone isn't like you he should first learn reading.
>
> You are right. I am not typo3, I am not the boss and I never pretended
> to be. But I always encourage people to read docs and I often open them
> myself to find a link to corresponding section and post it specially to
> help people educating themselves. I belive that such reading will help
> people learn, it will make people know typo3 better and increase number
> of people who can help others too! This is how I actually learned typo3.
> It is always like this when you read yourself instead of getting an
> answer and using it without understanding. I belive it is for the best.
Hi Dimitri and all others.

Your efforts are highly appreciated, Dimitri by all us long time
TYPO3´ers, knowing how hard it is to find the balances needed to
maintain the community.

The rule to use realnames has been here since the beginning of the
community (before you took over) and will be further on. It has been a
consolidating factor in building the "real world" community as well.
Asking people to use realnames sends a clear and message to newcomers
and people from the outside that most of what is going on is a sincere
and devoted group of people interacting world widen about the system.

Of course people can "spoof" all sorts of names, but credability in the
community only goes so and so far and we will often never see the same
people not contributing like others (e.g. Dimitri) due to an unsincere
and false (+ often crappy and likewise unsincere business-) approach to
the system and the community sorrounding it.

I agree that people can have valid reasons not to use realnames (e.g.
Slobodan Milosevic a.s.o.), but theres a clear difference in using a
"realistic" realname by which you want to be known by the community and
using e.g. FreshPrinzeOfBelAir a.s.o. - I just can´t take a name like
that seriuosly - and TYPO3 is for seriuos people!

So please ablige to the very basic rules of engagement here if you want
credibility and answers - or pee off and go play with Joomla or YouTube.

regards
Troels Kjær Rasmussen