[TYPO3] OT: "Real" names

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Sep 24 08:20:25 CEST 2007

Georg Ringer wrote:

> Exactly! Everybodys time is limited and so we choose which posting we
> answer and choosing is always quite easy: - good formulated question,
> behavior of the person and in a small amount also the name. This is at
> least my approach.
>
> IMO Dimitry sees the name as kind of respect and this is very ok.

I can agree with this. Just one thing I want to add: It's pretty worthless
to ask for realnames again and again. Usually I give the person who wants
to help a first answer and point to the missing full name at the end of the
message. If that person ignores this, I'm free to decide if I want to
continue my help - or not.

However: It's really worthless to point this out again and again. It's the
only reason why we have discussions like this. There wouldn't have been any
discussion if Dmitry would just have remained silent about it... *hint* :-)

> Georg
> PS: EOD (end of discussion) for me here

For me as well now.

- michael