[TYPO3] How to handle design when center-content changing

Anders Axelsson anders at anax.nu
Sun Sep 23 17:11:06 CEST 2007

I have been reading (more) but I still do not understand how this should
be done.

If a site uses one html-dokument as the base and all subpages look the
same (in my case one area where text will be added) everything is fine.
But now I need to have subpages that look differently.
I could set so the subpages use a different html-dokument but then I
would have things like logos and phonenumbers in the design on two pages
and if I used alot of different subpages it would be hard to maintain.

One way I'm thinking now is to add elements to the design that are only
used in some subpages and not others.
But I do not know if this is the correct way to do it?

If it is then I'm thinking about adding extra elements to the design and
then call php-functions for the data to be filled in at those places.

Am I thinking about this in the right way?

The data I wish to add to some subpages comes from a database and are
things like products.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Anders