[TYPO3] OT: "Real" names

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sun Sep 23 15:07:05 CEST 2007

> Again, it's fine for you to answer questions or not--your time is your
> own. What I take exception to is you representing your absurdly rigid
> interpretation of this particular request as the final judgment of the
> community--because, again, the rule you so often cite does not say
> what you claim it says, and the list membership is in no way served by
> your hostile interpretation of it.

Actually it is no rule.

There are different sections for thisparticular page and Names are listed
under "Suggestions ...". And I guess this suggestion's goal was to get rid
of stuff like bikini-girl89 or |-bEaTMaStAz-|

Checking http://dict.leo.org for "suggestions" and doing a little cross
translation I can't find any connection to "force", "necessity" or
"constraint" but many connections to "advice", "proposal" and
"recommendation"

And of course there is a difference between "full name" and "real name" ...

Compared to real life I think even asking for a real name might be too much.
Just think about the following:

You are walking on the streets of your home town and some people are coming
along to ask you where they can find the train station. Would you ask them
to tell you their names first or show you their identity cards before you
answer? - I guess not. - Why should they do, when asking for help in this
list?

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian