[TYPO3] How to handle design when center-content changing

Anders Axelsson anders at anax.nu
Fri Sep 21 11:44:28 CEST 2007

I'm re-designing a site that is already set up wich is based on a static html-page.
The subpages uses an element in the html-page to show text so every subpage show different text.
Very simple so far.

What I need to do is to have alot more different content on the subpages then just change

text in an element, so I need to have a different design for every subpage. What I'm thinking about doing is to split up the design of the existing html-page into the somewhat static content (like menu, sidebar etc) and then make one "master"-page that puts them together by including them. In this way I would be able to only have one html-file for the menu by diferent html-files (php-files) for the subpage-content. Alittle like using a frameset.

I have been looking for docs/info about doing this but not found much.
The two ways of doing this that I can think of is these:

1. Using a file (start.php) that includes all the design-html-files.
2. Using a html-file with elements and then use typoscript to set the content of the elements to files by doing something like:
page.10.subparts.markerlabel = FILE
page.10.subparts.markerlabel.file = fileadmin/gs/gs.html

Can someone point me in the correct direction for a good choice about this?

ThanX