[TYPO3] realurl configuration error

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Sep 20 09:53:05 CEST 2007

Hi!

<offtopic>Please, use you full name in this list as our mailing list guidelines ask you</offtopic>

Brian wrote:
> Hello all. I know that this question has been answered extensively
> but I cannot seem to get a correct solution to this problem. I have
> installed the RealURL extension and set up the typoscript, the
> localconf.php file, and the .htaccess file.

I know why this error happens but it will take too much time and text to explain it in simple terms. So I would not do it :) More important is the solution.

> But I am getting the "Reason: Segment 'about' was not a keyword for a
> postVarSet as expected!" error.
>
> From what I have read, this is because of a configuration error in
> the .htaccess file. By the way, the text between 'xxx' shows up no
> matter which page I go to so I get 'home', 'about', test_page', etc
> errors.

I do not think it is due to configuration error. Very unlikely. At least you should post your config if you want someone to look at it.

To solve this right now you should create a sitemap and visit it once while logged out from BE. In a long term I will release version 1.2 soon, which should finally solve this famous error.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/