[TYPO3] * PROBLEM IDENITIFIED !!! : Install tool loops with PHP 5.2.4 and Apache 2.0.59

Sim simvirus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 12:12:50 CEST 2007

> After recently server update (Trustix 2.2 as Distro), it is impossible
> to install typo3, the install tool seems to be locked in an infinite
> loop.
> I have increased php error log level and observe logfiles without any
> bad output.
>
> Some time, after some minutes, Typo3 Install show:
> -------------------
> Database Error
> No database selected
>
> Else, if I delete ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file, it show the default
> Install Tool lock:
> -------------------
> The Install Tool is locked.
>
> Fix: Create a file typo3conf/ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
> This file may simply be empty.
>
> For security reasons, it is highly recommended to rename
> or delete the file after the operation is finished.
>

> Also another old installation now have problem in :
> http://site/typo3/install/ [^]
>
> After login, only this menu working
>
> 3: Update Wizard
> 5: All Configuration
> 8: phpinfo()
> 9: Edit files in typo3conf/
> 10: About
>

> The other create infinite loop as first installation
>
> 1: Basic Configuration
> 2: Database Analyser
> 4: Image Processing
>
> Thanks
> Sim

Hi

* PROBLEM IDENITIFIED !!! **

In: /typo3/sysext/install/mod/class.tx_install.php

This :

$test = @imagettftext($im, t3lib_div::freetypeDpiComp(20), 0, 10, 20,
$text_color, PATH_t3lib."/fonts/vera.ttf", 'Testing Truetype
support');

create infinite loop for install tool.

I have commented this function and it works.

I have updated gd-2.0.33 on Wed Aug 08 2007 for SECURITY fix.

Is this general problem?

--
Simon Walker
TYPO3 System Administrator