[TYPO3] innoDB-tables in typo3

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Sep 18 12:08:15 CEST 2007

Hi!

Ignatius Reilly wrote:
> Is it proof-tested to have _all_ tables of InnoDB type (core + ext)?

I use InnoDb for all tables. Generally InnoDb is slower if you need only to read, so it is worth to have pages and tt_content as MyISAM. But if tt_content or pages is really big, it is better to have them as InnoDb because InnoDb is more stable than MyISAM.

> I suppose that would be the effect of a new install with MySQL directive
> [mysqld]
> default-storage-engine=innodb

As far as I know InnoDb is default table type since mysql 4.0.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/